Welcome to the Canadian Centre of Clear Communication
* We are a centre of excellence for plain language and clear communication. Our associates include some of the most senior and experienced professionals in the field.
* We plan, write and execute internal and external communications that are easy to use and understand. Through our SimplyClear™ writing workshops, we train staff at all levels across all types of organizations to do the same.
* We have been working with organizations in the private and public sector for more than 25 years. Clients served include such leading organizations at all levels of government and government agencies, IBM (USA and Canada), AT&T, Xerox, HP, Royal Bank, CIBC, Scotiabank, TD Bank, Toronto Stock Exchange, Ontario Power Generation, Ontario Securities Commission and the University of Toronto.
* We have been privileged to support the Ontario government's clear writing initiatives since 2006. This includes serving as lead consultant for special Cabinet Office initiatives to modernize the Ontario government's briefing notes, news releases and job ads. We've also trained thousands of staff at all levels, from senior management to new hires.
Other clients include:
* IBM, HP, Bell Mobility, AT&T and Sprint Canada
* Humber College and University of Toronto
* TMX Group, Scotiabank, TD Bank, CIBC and Royal Bank
* Ontario government and agencies -- including Cabinet and Premier's Office
* Ontario Securities Commission, Law Commission of Ontario, Ontario Energy Board and other regulatory organizations
* Ontario Power Generation, CAE, Motorola, Exide Electronics.
Darlene Shura, Senior Consultant/Clear Writing Champion
Darlene is a recognized expert in applying clear writing strategies to every manner of communication challenge - including the challenge of communicating complex, technical information to public audiences. She specializes in supporting organizations in the public sector, financial services and technology sector. Darlene is a former Director of PLAIN (Plain Language Association International) and member of the Editors' Association of Canada.
Katy Unger, Business Development Director, Associate Editor/Trainer
Katy has several years of experience as a writer, editor, trainer and champion of clear communication. She has focused much of her time and talents in the private sector, designing and delivering workshops on: clear writing, clear briefing materials and Board memos. Katy has also supported major plain language initiatives at the Ontario government and Ontario Securities Commission. She is a member of the Editors’ Association of Canada and the Plain Language Association InterNational (PLAIN).