Before & After
BEFORE: Stats Canada
- reduced costs
- easier access to detailed census information
- common Census data source is used by all ministries
- increased use and analysis of census information
- greater cooperation across ministries
- no incremental costs
- reduced individual data purchases
- data updates are available as released by StatCan
- unlimited distribution and use of data within a ministry
- models/tools/analysis using the data may be freely shared between ministries
- reduced administration/maintenance of data
- eliminate duplication of effort and expense
AFTER: Stats Canada
- Eliminates incremental costs.
- Reduces costs of data administration/maintenance.
- Eliminates costly individual data purchases.
Improves data quality
- Provides easier access to detailed census information.
- Supports use of models/tools for better data analysis.
- Provides data updates faster (as soon as StatCan releases them).
Improves data sharing
- Supports unlimited sharing of data (both within a department and among departments).
- Provides a common source for census data across all departments.
- Supports greater cooperation across departments.