Darlene Shura is a recognized expert in applying clear writing strategies to every manner of communication challenge – including the challenge of communicating complex, technical information to public audiences. Her writing credits include every form of internal and external communication for IBM Corporation in New York and Canada’s major banks.
Darlene has been privileged to support the Ontario government’s clear writing initiatives. This includes serving as lead consultant and trainer for special Cabinet Office initiatives to modernize the Ontario government’s communications.
She is also in high demand as a public speaker and media contact.
Other highlights include:
- IBM, HP, Bell Mobility, AT&T and Sprint Canada
- Humber College and University of Toronto
- TMX Group, Scotiabank, TD Bank, CIBC and Royal Bank
- Ontario government and agencies – including Cabinet and Premier’s Office
- Ontario Securities Commission, Law Commission of Ontario, Ontario Energy Board and other regulatory organizations
- Ontario Power Generation, CAE, Motorola, Canadian Tire and Exide Electronics.
- Member, Canadian Society for Training and Development
- Member, Editor’s Association of Canada
- Graduated with a B.A., University of Toronto, on a Ford Foundation Scholarship
- Received Gold Medal in English Literature
- Later completed a Masters degree in English Literature, University of Toronto
- Related professional studies include cognitive science, adult learning, literacy studies and information design.